Environmental responsibility requires careful stewardship of the environment. It is essential to our organization and our clients. To that end, Sprague operates with three guiding principles of pest prevention:
- Proactively solve pest issues within the context of our natural ecology, even in the absence of regulatory mandates
- Use permanent solutions with the least amount of material, waste, and disruption to the environment.
- Aggressively explore and implement proven alternatives, innovations, technologies, and advancements in materials and methodology to reduce or replace pesticide use
When equally effective, we choose materials and methods that best meet these guidelines and remain within the framework nature gave us. When pesticide applications are required to address a specific pest issue, we:
- Choose products and applications that are effective and low risk: low-odor, low-volatility and non-permanent, and naturally ecological.
- Reduce waste by using environmentally friendly methods that keep pollutants out of the environment.
- Give preference to materials and application methods that are target specific, minimizing non-target risk.
- Prioritize partnerships with product manufacturers committed to sustainability and the environment.
- Make absolutely no ‘routine’ pesticide applications.
- Target breeding sources to eliminate all insect stages with the least pesticide and reduce the amount of exposure to the environment.
- Use non-threatening materials (such as insect light traps) wherever possible to control insects with the least environmental impact.
Code of Ethics
Our code of ethics compels us to act in an ethical manner at all times. It drives our ability to create long-term relationships with our co-workers, our clients and the community. The success of our culture is measured by our alignment to these behaviors.
- Consistency: We deliver exceptional service at every touch point. This applies to everyone in our organization, everywhere, every time.
- Accountability: We take ownership of our actions and deliver on our promises.
- Respect: We maintain an environment of respect for ourselves, our co-workers and our customers that allows every one of us to realize our full potential.
- Teamwork: We accept and give support with grace because we know we can accomplish more together.
We are committed to our clients and ourselves to:
- Be the best. Not just in our industry, but in every industry.
- Provide the greatest value at the fairest price.
- Identify innovations that positively impact our environment.
- Provide the very best training and resources.
- Do the job right every time to ensure clients are satisfied.
- Attract and retain the very best "Sprague people".
- Preserve our time-honored culture.
- Deliver leadership in service, innovation and quality.