PEST MANAGEMENT WITH A GREEN CONSCIENCE
At the heart of our service is a passionate commitment to making the world a better, safer place.
- Prevention trumps all treatment methods
- Absolutely no "routine" pesticide applications
- Keep pest solution materials out of the environment
- Give preference to methods that are target-specific
- Use mechanical methods wherever possible to control pests with the least environmental impact
- Target sources to eliminate pests with the least amount of pesticide use
- Aggressively seek and develop sustainable, efficient solutions to protect and improve the environment
- Be creative
- Solve complex problems that other companies can't or won't
- Lead at the intersection of science and technology
- Select materials with the greatest efficacy and least environmental impact
- Opt for low risk, low odor, low volatility and non-permanent materials
- Give preference to naturally occurring materials and processes
- Choose materials that are target-specific and prevent non-target risk
- Reduce waste
- Prioritize suppliers committed to environmental sustainability
- Learn continuously and change course when smarter methods or materials become available
- Stay committed to communication and collaboration with clients
- Embrace education. Share what we know and protect the environment together
GREENPRO & QUALITYPRO PROUD
Fewer than 1% of companies in the United States earn the rigorous GreenPro certification. GreenPro certification demonstrates that Sprague has proven our commitment to offering service that is effective and environmentally-friendly.
Fewer than 3% of companies earn the esteemed QualityPro certification. QualityPro certification is a commitment to excellence with standards that exceed state and federal requirements.
GOLD MEMBER OF THE EPA PEST ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP PROGRAM
The Environmental Protection Agency's Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program (PESP) is a voluntary membership program that promotes the adoption of innovative, alternative pest control practices such as Integrated Pest Management (IPM).
To achieve Gold Member status, Sprague had to demonstrate a commitment to pesticide risk reduction by developing our IPM strategy, show significant and sustained progress in reducing pesticide risks and receive independent measurement of the progress of our IPM implementation.
MEMBER OF THE US GREEN BUILDING COUNCIL
As a member of the United States Green Building Council (USGBC), we help commercial buildings achieve and maintain LEED certification, which stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design. Many of our customers are actively striving to achieve LEED certification. Others just want to know we're focused on green solutions. Either way, know that we will work with your staff and property managers to provide greener, more sustainable workplaces and living spaces for you and your employees.
Over the years, Sprague has never stopped evolving how we work and serve our clients. Some of our "green greatest hits" include:
Online logbook created to eliminate paper documentation for audited locations
Heat treatments introduced for bed bugs and other pests, reducing pesticide use
Client web portal created to eliminate need for printing
Mating disruption service added to solve Indian meal moth infestation without pesticide use
Electronic service data collection and barcoded devices implemented to improve efficiency and reduce paper
Predictive modeling used to anticipate and prevent infestations, reducing pesticide use
Practice of bagging rodent bait enacted to dramatically reduce waste
Quality Assurance program launched to monitor service protocols and improve training
Pheromones and insect growth regulator introduced to improve targeted treatments, dramatically reducing pesticide use